How to clean a fabric sofa with baking soda and vinegar?
Updated on by
As time passes it is important to clean the furniture that allows you to freshen and thoroughly clean the fabrics of any dirt or residue that may be.
The first thing you do when you think about cleaning your furniture is to go to the supermarket and buy commercial products or that you have seen in some advertising, but you forget that you have other products at a lower cost, homemade and whose advantages do not lose validity. We are talking about the two infallible cleaning products: white vinegar and bicarbonate.
Here are some tricks to remove unwanted spots in your spaces and keep them ready.
Clean a fabric sofa with vinegar and baking soda: Simple steps
Step-1: In case you are wondering how to clean a fabric sofa with vinegar it is important to emphasize that it is not about applying the vinegar directly on the fabrics, but what you should do is:
Step-2: Prepare a solution in which you incorporate, approximately, in a liter of warm water plus a glass of vinegar and a teaspoon of baking soda.
Step-3: Use a suitable cloth (which does not stain) and moisten with the solution you prepared previously without saturating it with liquid.
Step-4: Apply in the spots using circular movements.
Step-5: After emphasizing the places where the stains are evident, review all the furniture to avoid differences.
Other homemade tricks to clean a fabric sofa
1. Do not let the stain dry out or spend a lot of time after soiling or spilling, if you let the stain dry alone it will be harder to remove.
2. Each liquid has another that can counteract it, so if it is a coffee stain, wine or orange juice, we tell you that the granulated salt or a little lemon can eliminate the stain.
3. Use abundant water even if you clean dry, so you will dilute the stain as much as possible and prevent it from becoming large.
4. Never use body soap, even if you know that your pH is neutral.
5. If you want to eliminate ink marks, use medical alcohol.
6. To eliminate the fat stains you must apply a quantity of bicarbonate in the pure state on the affected area and wait for it to act and absorb the fat.
Finally, try to do maintenance cleaning once a week so that the stains do not accumulate, and then a deeper one once a month.